It had been 481 days since my last vacation due to nonstop working and tending to my responsibilities like the average GirlBoss. It wasn’t until I finished a wedding in October that I thought, “I can't wait for vacation!”
In this blog post I will share with you from start to finish about planning and going on my “2018 Baecation” I will discuss some beauty faves and essentials that I packed along and my fave NEW products I tried that are now must-haves.
Get your passport and bags ready!
Since most Girl Bosses are so busy it’s essential to find a Travel Agent who will assist you in the booking and planning process. This vacation was specifically planned to celebrate my “Bae’s” birthday so I wanted to make sure his day was special. I came across Desiree Newcomb on a travel post she posted and inboxed her some questions. Desiree was friendly, informative, and prompt. Desiree and I messaged at all hours of the day/night and she provided me with some options within my price range and locations I told her I was interested in. I eventually narrowed the destination down to Cancun, Mexico and off Desiree went booking and planning! I explained I wanted to do massages on the beach and dinner on the beach to celebrate Bae’s day. Desiree made suggestions I hadn’t even thought of and upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised! The room had birthday balloons, a cake, strawberries, champagne, and with an ocean view. Now that’s how you start a “Baecation”! We enjoyed all-inclusive accommodations at the Riu Peninsula which was an excellent choice. I could go on and on but let’s discuss some beauty products I brought along...
- I was excited to FINALLY try FentyBeauty Body Lava. It looked great on my skin however the sparkles did transfer on to everything and everyone I touched. Bae didn’t appreciate being glittery and shimmery! But I thoroughly enjoyed being a bronzed shimmery goddess!
- On top of the Body Lava around my chest and arms, I layered MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Loose Powder in the color golden bronze. A little went a long way. The two products combined gave me that beach glam I was looking for in pictures.
- Each night we got dressed up to eat at a different restaurant so if I didn’t wear any other makeup I put on a lil MAC Cosmetics Face and Body as a base and used highlighter on the bridges of my cheeks. I brought the following highlighters with me: MAC Cosmetics “Oh Darling”, Dose of Color “Fuego” and “Chasing the Sun”, and Becca “Topaz” I was obsessed with all of them and even layered them.
- When I did do a full face of makeup I used the Wet and Lit palettes from Brettman X ColourPop. So beautiful! I layered some MAC Cosmetics glitter in the color “Ruby” over “Mercy” in the LIT palette.
- Lastly, I brought some new Pat McGrath lippies to try and boy am I obsessed! I’m usually a liquid lip kinda girl but Pat’s formula is so pigmented and stays on, I was definitely impressed! I wore “Lavish”, “Unfaithful”, and “Realness”
- And of course, I brought my usual skincare suspects including Raw Shea butter for my entire body, MAC Cosmetics Green Gel Cleanser, Shea Moisture Body Scrub, Various Lush Shower Bombs, MAC Cosmetics Essential Oil Stick, and Dermalogica Oil Free Matte Moisturizer.
This Baecation was just what the doctor ordered and I impressed myself with all the excursions Bae made me do including Speed Boat Racing in the jungle, snorkeling in the jungle, swimming with dolphins, swimming in a giant aquarium with stingrays and tropical fish, zip lining, swimming in a cave, and driving ATVs! I’m going to need a vacation from this vacation!
I can’t wait to plan my next vacation with Desiree because it’s so important to travel and explore the world while you can! Hope you’ve been inspired to book your next va(Bae)cation too!